The Eternity Engine
The Eternity Engine is a GPLv3+ Doom source port maintained by James “Quasar” Haley and Stephen “SoM” McGranahan. I took an interest to the project in late 2014, and in 2015 started working on a feature according to a specifcation provided by Quasar. On August 1st 2016 I was made an official member of Team Eternity due to my continued contributions to the project. Since working on the engine I have made changes including (but not limited to):
- Adding a system where the type of blood spawned could be specified through EDF.
- Slimming down portable v/snprintf
- Changing rotating polyobjects such that they correctly rotate for angles of 180° or more
- Fixing an issue where attached 3D middle textures would desynchronise from their attached surface
- Changing scripts that open on map start to where they wait until after the screen wipe finishes
- Adding several action specials
- Adding a fully functional system that allowed for the picking up, display, and use of items
- Improving overall documentation on the wiki (see contributions)
A list of all commits I have made to the project’s master branch is available here.